Prev: Ogre Store Next: Sub critical nukes: Re: [DSII] Genre

Re: [DSII] Genre

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:15:38 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] Genre

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Christopher Pratt wrote:

> Aaron Teske wrote:

> > Even in Heavy Gear, the Gears will be *toast* if they try to take on
tanks
> > on a plain, or even slightly hilly ground.	(I know.  I've tried.)
If
> > they're a tankhunting force, they'll take some tanks with them, but
not
> > nearly enough to cover the losses you'll take.

	Precisely, the Gear is for the most part an infantry fighting
vehicle designed to support...well... infantry.  It just looks a lot
cooler than say a Bradely fighting vehicle.

> > But throw 'em in a city, or give the Gears lots of dense
> > forest/jungle/swamp to play around in, and they do a lot better.  Of
> > course, what the heck is your tank doing in a swamp anyway...?

	Maybe he got lost? ;-)

> > So, if you can limit your opposition to infantry (preferably without
too
> > many IVARs ^_- ) then your walkers should do quite well. ^_-

	Now we are moving into SGII territory.

> actually, in the bastardized version of GW 40k that I play
> (can't get my friends to switch to SGII yet).  I use the old
> scale heavy gears as infantry walkers and the do quite well
> in the dense terrain that we normally play in.  Their armor
> is thick enough to bounce small arms and they carry heavier
> weapons than the regular infantry.

	Speaking of SGII; old Rafmm Gears are supposed to be HO scale,
right?	So what size class would that make them for 25 mm.  (I would say
about 2.)

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

"[Like] fire and fusion, government is a dangerous servant and a
terrible
master."

					--Professor Bernardo de la Paz
					"The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
					by Robert A. Heinlein

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu	WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Ogre Store Next: Sub critical nukes: Re: [DSII] Genre