Prev: Re: Was: assemblying FT minis Now: about supply... Next: Re: [FT] Obsolete ships

Re: Gaming area, was: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 00:59:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Gaming area, was: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

DracSpy@aol.com wrote:

> << My table space is usually limited to a TV tray...So I use an old
starfire
> map
>  and counters.
>  I use a "scale" of 3" per hex on the map. That turns my old starfire
map into
>  123" by 90" table.  8D
>  It doesn't play too badly.
>   >>
> Interesting, how do you handle movement?  The Starfire map is based on
6
> sides, the FT system 12.
> -Stephen

Well...On the two occasions that I had completed a game...I was using a
variation
of the triplanetary system.  (ie: Use grease pencils to mark your
vector.)  I used
a "vector counter" instead.  Place it in the hex where your ship will be
next
turn(assuming no maneuvers).  Then move the vector counter hex 1 hex in
any
direction for each thrust point used.  Lay a ruler between the ship
counter, and
the vector counter to check for colisions.  To keep it simple (and to
approximate
the FT2 move system) I just pointed the ship counter so the vector
counter is in
it's front arc, but still facing one of the six edges.

Fire arcs were simple...Just lay the ruler across the counter, corner to
corner.
Or you could use the hex sides for the FB arcs.

The rest of the game is normal.

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: Was: assemblying FT minis Now: about supply... Next: Re: [FT] Obsolete ships