Prev: Space Fleet rules -- GZG-ECC Next: [DS2]Hammer's Slammers [Attn: Jon(GZG)](was Re:Genre)

Re: [OT] GWbasher

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:34:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] GWbasher

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Chen-Song Qin wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Brian Burger wrote:
>
> > The online GW Basher is now
> > up...<http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/gwbasher.html>
> >
> > A totally goofy project that takes impolite varients on GW's name
and
> > sticks them together to make even more impolite varients of the
varients!
> > (It's an applet. You'll need a moderately up-to-date browser).
>
> This is excellent!  The thing is though, "Games Workshop" is actually
> possible combination.  You probably want to put in a check somewhere
so
> the proper name of the company doesn't get shown.

I stuck a note below the actual applet, something to the effect of:
"This
applet may occasionally generate GW's real name; we apologize in advance
for your failure to offend GW."

The actual operating guts of the applet is actually Tom Anderson's work
-
the same applet that powers his Kra'vak Name Generator. I just changed
the
word lists that it accesses.

When I get better at Java, I'll disect the .class file and see if I can
prevent it from generating GW's proper name - and see if I can get it to
stick 'work' (or varients) and 'shop' (ditto) together as one word. (At
present it gives, say, "Goudge Ork slop" instead of "Goudge Orkslop",
which would be better...)

If you've got a favorite impolite GW varient I've not included in the
Basher, send it to me soonest! (You can check which words are already
included by viewing the source code of gwbasher.html, or by activating
the
Basher lots and lots...)

Fun applet, isn't it? :)

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
--DS2/SG2/misc--
     -- House Rules, Photos, GW Autobasher, Fantasy Wargaming, and
more--

Prev: Space Fleet rules -- GZG-ECC Next: [DS2]Hammer's Slammers [Attn: Jon(GZG)](was Re:Genre)