Prev: Dang It... Lost URLs... Next: RE: Vulnerability of Ogres was: [DSII] Genre

Re: Vulnerability of Ogres was: [DSII] Genre

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:25:14 +1300
Subject: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres was: [DSII] Genre

Chen-Song Qin <cqin@ee.ualberta.ca> wrote:
>I'm not sure,
>since I've never played with Ogres or other supertanks.
>But from the rules,
>doesn't it seem that they are very vulnerable to artillery?
    Ogres are more vulnerable to artillery. Because Ogres tend to be
solitary, you can call a closed sheaf of artillery on one, so greatly
improving the chances of drawing a "BOOM" chit and destroying it.
    Then move the artillery onto the next Ogre.

A way to make Ogres more interesting, is to suggest that Ogres have some
sort of PSB force field that negates "BOOM" chits and nukes. Perhaps as
initial suggestion, the force field could negate as many nukes and
"BOOM"
chits as the Ogre has in vehicle size class or the number of modules it
had.
So if the Ogre was VSC/20, it could negate 20 BOOM chits, and 20 nuke
impacts. If the Ogre had 8 modules, it could negate 8 boom chits and 8
nuke
impacts.
    Of course, this would require playtesting by those more familiar
with
Ogres than I am, to make sure that the Ogres have the right 'feel'.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Dang It... Lost URLs... Next: RE: Vulnerability of Ogres was: [DSII] Genre