Prev: Re: [SGII] Buildings Next: Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

Ogres for Re: [DSII] Genre

From: devans@u...
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 05:21:47 -0600
Subject: Ogres for Re: [DSII] Genre

John Crimmins sed:
***
>Grenadier Ogres? I knew Martian Metals made some, but Grenadier?

I might be misremembering. I picked them up from a store that
specialized in OOP items, at Origins many moons ago.  We were the
exclusive carriers of GZG in those days....  As I recall, the
blister packages were white, and the same people made Car
Wars figures--which I've been working on this very evening.
***

Can't speak on the Car Wars stuff, though I recall the white packages.
However,
last weekend,
I picked up some more Pan-Euro mobile hwz in white-backed blisters. The
backs
said
Steve Jackson games, but had a slip of paper glued over giving a
copyright to SJ
Games
of 1983, but Grenadier of Springfield, PA, as manufacturer.

***
>With a bit of luck, SJ may licence another firm to do some
>more sooner than you think.

I talked to an SJG rep at an open house a few years ago, and
apparently Steve himself wants to do the new figures in a
larger scale. I'm hoping that this is no longer the case.
***

Did you get a feel for how much bigger? I've nasty suspicions about a
break into
the action
toy market.

Have you seen the Arena at GenCon (not sure if they run games
elsewhere). They
do
things like 28mm scale GW Titan/tank battles and Star Wars with 6 foot
long Star
Destroyers
using micromachines as fighters.

Their Orge battles had Gev's about 6" long, and Ogres to scale. Lovely,
but
definitely not
table top.

The_Beast

PS. While my own mailer has wrap built in, I've attempted to add
carraige
returns to keep
the list mailer from adding them so awkwardly. I'll be looking at the
result,
adjust, and
fire for effect. Lot of work, though.

Prev: Re: [SGII] Buildings Next: Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)