Prev: Re: Jerry's Going Away on Vacation! Next: Re: [DS II] Flamethrowers

Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 22:21:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

Laserlight wrote:

> Atkinson :
> >> Crap.

> ( a Byzantine diplomatic expression, meaning "I should point out
another
> possibility, which you may or may  have considered yet")

Hey, I think of myself as a Domestic of the Scholae, a simple soldier
and not much given to rhetorical flourishes.  Were I one of the City
aristocracy, undoubtedly I elucidate on this point at great length, with
four obscure literary allusions, three puns, an allegory, and end it all
with a pithy aphorism.

But I'm not.[1]

<snip plausible scenario>

John M. Atkinson
[1]Five points for anyone who explains why this post is terrifically
funny.	Laserlight, you'd disqualified on the grounds that it would be
way too easy.

Prev: Re: Jerry's Going Away on Vacation! Next: Re: [DS II] Flamethrowers