Prev: Re: [OT-LIST] Unsupported character sets Next: Re: [DSII] Genre

Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

From: "Umm, boss? Ship broke..." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:03:53 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

J Leary writes:
>Laserlight wrote:
>>
>> Leary:
>>
>> Atkinson :
>XXX
>   (or: Battle of the Johns)  Nice pun!   JTL

This leads to a visual I really didn't need.  ;-)

>XXX
>
>     In a last effort to clarify the position with reguard to
>the Sumani IV incident I offer this quote from FT:
>"2173 The Sumani IV incident.	 ESU and NAC peace negoiators
>assassinated by an Islamic Federation terrorist attack.  ..."
>I trust that clarifies my position.

Finishing up the quote:

"...Years of distrust between the two powers lead to them blaming
each other and a failure to identify the real culprit."

This gives no clue that the Sumani system is anywhere near IF space.
All it tells you is that there was a peace negotiation meeting between
the ESU and the NAC, that this would very most likely be in a neutral
place (UN-controlled space?), and that the delegates were all killed
in a manner that made it appear as if the other side performed the
deed. Prejudices against each other's enemy here prevented each side
from doing a proper investigation. And that's really all you know
from the incident as stated.

>     In reguard to my SUGGESTED location IN/NEAR IF space:
>If you have a better idea, send it in.   Your reasons may be
>much more valid than mine.

I always kinda thought the meeting took place in either UN space or
in one of the minor powers which did not have hostile relations in
any way, shape, or form with either the ESU or NAC [at the time].
The IF are *immediately* ruled out in my mind (going back to a
question from a week or two ago: who gets along with the IF aside
form the FSE? b'sides, see the entry for 2163 :-)

Just buttin' in.  :-)
Mk
-
  /@		       .  .	      If you insist on reaching for a
  <|\			  .  )	      star, be prepared to take a long,
   |		     /\ 	      hard fall.
   |		    //
   /		 o //*		      Indy - climber, astronomer,
adventurer
  /		<%- /|\ 	      supreme. Have rope, will travel.

Prev: Re: [OT-LIST] Unsupported character sets Next: Re: [DSII] Genre