Prev: PING for Mr. Pettigrew Next: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns

Re: Fighters for FT

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:51:10 -1000
Subject: Re: Fighters for FT

>I was just wondering if there are any nice fighter rules... You know
>like dogfight games. We enjoyed the Star Max (tm) games tremedously and
>we'd appreciate
>a tip on some rules.

There are rules for converting FT/MT into a fighter-only game on the
unofficial FT Website.	They were apparently written by Keith Jordan.
Haven't tried them, myself.  Anyway, you can find them here:
http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/FT/fighter.zip

>I got hold of a copy of Star Strilke (?) a couple of years back for a
>couple of bucks. I packed it when I moved and haven't opened the box.
>Anyone got any experience from that game? I think it was made by those
>who did Role Master RPG, Iron Crown?

Star Strike is more capital oriented, though all the models they ever
made were for the smaller fighter and gunboat sized ships.  They then
constructed Silent Death to handle fighters and AFIK cancelled
Star Strike.

Space Master (the RPG), Star Strike (Spaceships), and Armored Assault
(Ground combat) were all very interesting, but unfortunately overly
complex, as they shared the complex underpinnings of the RPG system.

FWIW, Rolemaster is my favorite RPG, they extra detail it contains is
workable in a situation where you are controlling 1 individual.  It
totally breaks when you want to control more than a small handful of
items (like a fleet of ships)

Jared

Prev: PING for Mr. Pettigrew Next: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns