Prev: RE: [DS2]-Grav Tank Basing Next: RE: [DS2]-Grav Tank Basing

Re: [DS2]-Grav Tank Basing

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:01:54 +1000
Subject: Re: [DS2]-Grav Tank Basing

G'day Christopher,

>I finally got my grav tanks painted (36 thanks to a Centurion box set)
and
>was wondering how the other list members based theirs.  These are
plastic so
>I think a metal base would be better, but if plastic would work just as
well
>that would be cool.  Especially if it was cheaper.

My husband uses a thin piece of brass rod (few mm diameter as far as I
remember). Which he sticks into balsa or plasti-card which is slightly
larger in size then the grav tank. Depending on what type of terrain you
want the tank flying over you flock/detail the base accordingly and then
stick the tank on (use super-glue gel as it stays were its supposed to
and doesn't flow everywhere).

There may also be grav tanks stands for sale (I know Nic at Eureka in
Australia has them so I guess the guys where ever you are do too).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: RE: [DS2]-Grav Tank Basing Next: RE: [DS2]-Grav Tank Basing