Prev: Re: Sneak Peek of Improved UFTWWWP. Next: Re: Sneak Peek of Improved UFTWWWP.

Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 00:25:50 -0500
Subject: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List

Laserlight wrote:

> Those who have read this far may also wish to discuss the
effectiveness (or
> lack) of grav vehicles on microgravity bodies.

That's not all that would be affected by designing a force to fight
on/in asteroids.

No GMS teams.  After all, the backblast would be too dangerous, very few
armored vehicles could fit in the corridors, you don't need a 4.8km
range when a 400m range of a buzzbomb would do.

No LAD teams.

No artillery at all, except for units (like your armored brigade) which
are intended to fight on the surface of larger bodies.	And those would
be nothing but guided rocket artillery, since ballistic artillery would
be worthless.

Seems to me that most of the Alarishi forces would be nothing but
straight power armor teams, with a handful of Powered Engineer teams for
support.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Sneak Peek of Improved UFTWWWP. Next: Re: Sneak Peek of Improved UFTWWWP.