Prev: Re: assemblying FT minis Next: Re: [SGII] Supression

Re: Population math help!

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 23:40:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Population math help!

I set up a spreadsheet for the 82 years since the Alarishi Empire was
first
settled.
  I started in 2101 because that's about the earliest plausible time for
private citizen to get hold of a starship.
Base Population * (1+ Growth Rate) = Subtotal Next Pop;
Immigration Base Amount * (1+Increase Rate * .9999 ^ Year)^Year =
Subtotal
Immigration;
Sub Next+Sub Immigration = next year's Base.

Initial Settlement 500, immigration base afterwards 1000.   Growth Rate
4%.
Immigration increase I set at 9%.  Note that Immigration rate increase
will
decrease over time--in 82 years it's down from 9% to 6%.  I set the
figures
a little high to account for floods of refugees during the wars.  All in
all, I came out with a population for the Alarish Empire  of 9.3
million.
Not exactly a force to make the ESU--or even the IF--quake in their
boots.

Prev: Re: assemblying FT minis Next: Re: [SGII] Supression