Prev: Re: [SGII] Supression Next: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List

Re: [SGII] Supression

From: "Christopher K Smith" <smithck@m...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:20:07 -0600
Subject: Re: [SGII] Supression

>>However, if I were running Aliens (of the movie of the same name) I
would
>>NOT make them easier to hit, and I would NOT have them suppressed by
enemy
>>fire.  Different situation, different instincts, different behavior.
>>

>As far as Aliens are concerned - compare the body count total between
the
>Marines and the Aliens, and see who was harder to hit in a fight (not a
lot
>of Aliens low-crawling....)
>
>Chris

While I haven't played SGII this was an interesting topic, so I thought
would through my thoughts in the ring as well.	When modelling alien
races,
I think you would have to separate what makes the aliens unit
INDIVIDUALLY
form how they would react as a group in combat.  Aliens is a good
example.
As individuals they kick human butt, being bigger, stronger, faster, and
inherently deadly(what with the acid blood and all). But, as a group
they
pale next to a well trained human platoon.  Bigger, sronger, faster
doesn't
do you a whole lot of good if you don't duck every now and then.
Personally, any alien race that cannot be suppressed, and is on a
technological footing thats worth fighting against, would attack in
either
a)hordes, or b)very small, but very deadly groups.  The hordes are easy
picture.  If you've got 100 to 1 odds, your chances of finding cover are
pretty small anyway.  While b) type races can just be SO good finding
and
fighting form cover that they can never be effectively suppressed.

Christopher K Smith
02ME Auburn University
Dirtside II-- http://www.auburn.edu/~smithck/dsII.html
Battleforce-- http://www.auburn.edu/~smithck/btech.html

Prev: Re: [SGII] Supression Next: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List