Prev: Re: Population math help! Next: Re: assemblying FT minis

NI Fleet OrBat 2183

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:26:11 -0500
Subject: NI Fleet OrBat 2183

After a couple weekends of diddling with it, here's the first cut of the
New Israeli Fleet (Tzi Haganah L'israel)

I will eventually be posting the ship designs as well, though possibly
directly to the various archive sites rather than the list.
Tom (Anderson) & John (atkinson), I've asked both of you to archive NI
prior to the advent of the GZGpedia, and this can go to either or both
sites. John, you may want to play adjust things to fit NI into your NRE
universe, so I'd ask that Tom keep the stuff I submit until the pedia
pipeline is up (and perhaps even after).

Here's the fleet circa FB1, ~2183 - 65 ships in all.

I. Defense Fleets - Almost always in-system. Some ships not FTL capable

New Israel Defense Fleet - Tzi Hagana L'aretz Chadasha
1xSDN (+ftr grp), 1xBB, 1xBC, 1xCA, 1xCE, 3xDH, 3xFF, 7 PBFG's= 3116 pts

Naveh	Defense Fleet - Tzi Hagana L'naveh-Miksam
1xDN, 2xCH-V (+2 ftr grps), 1xCE, 1xDHE, 2xDH, 2xFF, 3 PBFG's = 2321 pts

Sabra	Defense Fleet - Tzi Hagana L'sabra
1xBC, 1xCA-V (+ftr grp), 1xCE, 3xFF, 2 PBFG's = 1174 pts

New Jordan Defense Force - Hacracha Hagana Yarden
	NJ is not a New Israel world but these shipare on semi-permanent
assignment to the system.
2xCE, 4xDH = 915 pts

II. Deep Range Fleets - Based in the three NI systems, but often
patrolling trade routes and perimeters or escorting mercenary forces.

Deep Range Fleet 1 - Tzi Chalal Aleph
1xCV, 2xFF, 2xFFSS, 6 Fighter Groups = 1376 pts

Deep Range Fleet 2 - Tzi Chalal Bet
1xCV, 1xCVL, 2xDHM, 2xFFSS, 10 Fighter Groups = 2145 pts

Deep Range Escort Group - Hacracha Chalal Livui
	All or part of this group is divided between the TCA and TCB
1xBC, 2xCA, 2xCE, 2xDG = 1371 pts"

Deep Range Fleet 3 - Tzi Chalal Gimel
3xCH-V, 2xCE, 3 Fighter Groups = 1574

HK Group 1 - First Hunters - Tzayadim Rishonim
1xBC, 2xCE-N, 2xCE = 1250 pts

HK Group 2 - Storm Hunters -Tzayadim S'arot
1xBC, 2xCA-V, 2xCVD, 4 Fighter Groups =1192 pts

Notes:
1 - My Hebrew translation and transliteration is of variable quality
2 - PBFG's = planet-based fighter groups - Take whatever type of fighter
you want to use and add 54 pts for planet infrastructure and booster
packs.
3 - There is a small independent intelligence fleet (mostly spyships)
and Customs Patrol (3 Corvette trios)
4 - HK groups are hunter-killers, sent to deal with raiders, small
incursions, or other threats
5 - Bases/Stations/Platforms & Outposts (in order of size) orbit various
NI worlds.
6 - If point totals seem high for number of ships, 75% of ships and all
fighters are Stealth (level 1 or 2) homebrews and are approximately
5-10% more expensive than non-stealth ships of similar mass. Stealth
popularity notwithstanding, the OrBat can be adjusted for "normal"
ships.

Noam

Noam R. Izenberg		noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu

Prev: Re: Population math help! Next: Re: assemblying FT minis