Prev: Re: FT Starmap Problems Next: Economics

Re: FT Starmap Problems

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:56:35 -0500
Subject: Re: FT Starmap Problems

DracSpy@aol.com wrote:

> <<	     When you view the map with my StereoStar program and
>	   rotate it, it becomes more clear how things are arranged.
>	   A flat map can be confusing if you do not pay attention
>	   to the Z co-ordinate.

> I must have missed something, were is the StereoStar map?

	Oh, I'm sorry.

	Go to my Full Thrust Stellar Cartography site, at
	http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/ft/ftmapmain.html

	About the third paragraph as a link to where you
	can download the StereoStar program (IBM windows
	only, but some other people are working on porting it
	to the Macintosh).

	Run it, load the file noM10pc.str, then pull
	down the help menu. Read the quick start in
	the online help to learn how to rotate the map.

	Bewarned the program is buggy, and works much
	better with the smaller files.

Prev: Re: FT Starmap Problems Next: Economics