Prev: Re: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . . Next: Re: Space Stations

Re: fuel chat

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 16:47:05 EST
Subject: Re: fuel chat

<< I'd assume an antimatter drive works by using the a/m to heat normal
matter
 to high temperatures and use that as the propellant, rather than use a
1:1
 ratio of a/m to matter.  I don't know a lot about advanced propulsion
 types--does this proposal make sense? >>
It does, but I would say that an anti-matter/matter power source would
provid
fast moving particles that would induce an electric field in a magnetic
coil,
that would give you your generator, then you could use the electicity to
power
your proposhion system.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . . Next: Re: Space Stations