Prev: Re: Space Stations Next: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns

Re: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . .

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 01:59:06 EST
Subject: Re: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . .

<< And besides, Thrust 1 is (in many of the unofficial attempts to put
in a
 scale for FTII) equivelant to 1G worth of thrust.  That's overkill.
 That's like buying a racecar to drive to the grocery store 2 blocks
 down.	I'm thinking .01G or whatever.

 John M. Atkinson >>
In Battlespace some of the destroyers could push upwards of 4.5 Gs, with
the
speed of the destroyers in FB (6) you could say that each thrust point
was 3/4
of a G, so the fastest ship in FB (thrust 8) is  6 Gs and the mechie
ships
would be 1.5Gs now if I recall corectaly, ahh here it is:

Given: that 1 Manuver Unit (MU, 1" or 1cm) = 1000 km.
Given: that 1 turn = 15 minutes (to fit neatly with DS2)
Then: 1 Thrust over 1 turn = 1/15th of 1 g (1 standard Terran gravity,
set to
10m/s/s), or 0.0167 g, or 66.67 cm/s^2

now if my schooling serves me that would (keeping the turn at 15
minutes) that
would make MU =11,00km, I think.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: Space Stations Next: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns