Prev: Re: Inner Colonies Next: Re: Inner Colonies

Re: [DS2] Anti-Tank guns

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 20:05:11 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [DS2] Anti-Tank guns

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Andrew & Alex wrote:

> John M. Atkinson <john.m.atkinson@erols.com> wrote:
>
> >Steel Panthers is really starting to get on my nerves.
>
>     Be careful. It may become a US Army requirement to use SPII. From
the US
> Army Armour magazine on the Fort Knox web site:

i remember reading (in Wired, ages ago, before i realised it was mostly
garbage :-) that the USMC had patched Doom to be a simulation of
building-clearing operations. it was a cheap and nasty sort of effort,
but
it was apparently far more realistic (in terms of the feel and tactics,
if
not the details) than the million-dollar studies done at fort knox and
so
on. basically, this was because it was almost impossible to stay alive
for
more than thirty seconds ...

Tom

Prev: Re: Inner Colonies Next: Re: Inner Colonies