Prev: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns Next: OT: You guys aren't going to believe this....

Re: Battle report of small missle ships

From: "cgray" <cgray@i...>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:11:02 -0800
Subject: Re: Battle report of small missle ships

>Basically correct, but the term "salvo" in the Salvo Missile rules
refers
>specifically to one single 6-missile/2-Mass (or 3-Mass, for ER)
"magazine
>slot". Each PDS can only engage one such salvo, so you shouldn't add
all
>on-target missiles together until you've resolved PD fire.

OK here is how 2we did it tell me if this is correct  allocated launch
in
plotting then placed on table top within 36" of launchers then we both
moved we calculated how many salvoes would hit then he divided his PD
fire
between the salvoes then we added up all the missles that would hit and
started rolling damage I stopped at 72 pts (he was destroyed by then)
with
some more rolls to go

>In this battle, in rule terms one ship was hit by 6 salvoes (and took a
>total of 72+ damage) while the other was hit by 4 salvoes (and took
50-60
>damage) rather than each ship being hit by one salvo each - thus my
>confusion.

Ah yes many salvoes not just one :)

>GACK! <4 isn't "pretty slow". IMO <4 is "immobilized", regardless of
what
>movement system you're using.
>
>As a rule of thumb I fly at speeds of 3-6x Thrust rating in Cinematic
>movement and at speeds of 2-4x Thrust in Vector movement... and I
prefer
>thrust-6 or faster ships :-/ I know most people on the list fly at
lower
>speeds than I do, though.

I think now everyone understands my quandry (at least a little anyway)
which is why I wanted some help/clarification it just seemed way to easy
blow them apart with missles

Prev: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns Next: OT: You guys aren't going to believe this....