Prev: Re: FT and DS2 Interface Next: RE: FT and DS2 Interface

Re: [DS2] Anti-Tank guns

From: PERRYG1@a...
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:41:59 EST
Subject: Re: [DS2] Anti-Tank guns

<<
 If ATGs do exist, then they are probably only in use with militia and
very
third
 rate units.  As for rules, I would say use the rules for towed
artillery on
page
 12, item vi. Make sure before you play that you and your opponents
agree on
some
 rules for prime movers! When things get really hot, your ATGs are gonna
need
 move quick! (an oxymoron for ATGs by the way : )

I'd like to see towed ATG's and other non-self propelled support weapons
just
for those reasons, i.e. Militia units and lower tech forces. Towed
weapons
could still play a useful role in certain types of terrain such as
cities,
jungles and mountains particulary if your opponent has only so much  in
the
way of aerospace support and ground mobile assets to spread around.
While I
agree the weapons systems that are self-propelled can be brought to bear
more
quickly and are more likely to survive on a modern (and future)
battlefield
they may still have advantages in certain situations. Besides, doesn't
the
rule book (if not the rules) imply their use? I seem to recall an
illustration
showing a group of soldiers hauling some sort field gun into place.

Perry

Prev: Re: FT and DS2 Interface Next: RE: FT and DS2 Interface