Prev: Re: [FT] AAR: NCS meets KV Next: Re: Battle report of small missle ships

Re: [FT] Rules clarification request - stationary movement

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:24:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Rules clarification request - stationary movement

-MWS- wrote:

> Hiya folks!
>
> Here's something that came up in our game tonight that needs a little
> clarification, regarding stationary movement.
>
> Can you 'spin turn' on the turn that you decelerate to zero speed, or
do
> you need to be at zero speed *before the turn starts* in order to
perform > a spin turn?

Quoting FT2 p.7:

"A ship with a velocity of zero (ie:stationary) may, in its movement
phase, be rotated on the spot to any desired Course, irrespective of
available Thrust or normal limitations on Course changes. The ship may
NOT make any actual movement or apply any other Thrust in that Game
Turn."

That last half sentence is your answer - if you're decelerating to a
stand-still, you *are* applying any other Thrust and therefore is not
allowed to spin to any direction (you can, of course, turn the normal
amount!)

> In other words, does it take *three* turns to stop, spin, and
accelerate,

Yes.

Unless, of course, you use a house rule :-)

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] AAR: NCS meets KV Next: Re: Battle report of small missle ships