Prev: [FT] AAR: NCS meets KV Next: Re: [FT] AAR summary - Full Thrust Asteroids

Re: [FT] AAR: NCS meets KV

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:12:31 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] AAR: NCS meets KV

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 07:59:31 PST, "jim clem" writes:
>Turn 2:
>
>I get the initiative.	The Wasp begins a turn to starboard, the Eliza
G.
>accelerates to speed 4, heading 3.  The KV continue on heading 9, speed

>10.  This places the Eliza G. right in front of them, range 1 from the
>center KV.  She fires her lance at the center, and a pair of sub packs
>at each of the flankers.  The lance rolls 2, 1, 2, 4 and does 1 point.

>The KV rolls damage, but loses no systems.  The port sub packs roll a
>total of 16 points, and that KV explodes.  The starboard sub packs roll

>a total of 27 (!!!!) Points, and that KV explodes.  The remaining KV
>responds with three scatterguns, rolling 9 points, killing the Eliza G.

>The Wasp is now at range 14 from the KV, speed 6, heading 3.  She fires

>three class 2s, rolling 2, 2, 6.  The re roll is 5, so she does 3
>points.  The KV rolls thresholds, gets two sixes and a five.  This
kills
>the firecon, ftl and one hit on the MD.  The KV is screaming at this
>point.

How in gods name did you roll 16 and 27 points of damage on 3 beam
dice for the subpacks?	Thats more rerolls than I can count.  Were you
counting subpacks as doing straight dice damage instead of beam
damage?

Talk about strange dice fields!!

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: [FT] AAR: NCS meets KV Next: Re: [FT] AAR summary - Full Thrust Asteroids