Prev: Re: In defence of Monarchy Next: Re: Inner Colonies

Re: movement

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 07:14:17 +0100
Subject: Re: movement

cgray wrote:

> I asked this before but never saw the answer was during my attempt at
> signing up o this list

A pity. There were several replies to it, but here goes again:

> In the old movement system for FT
>
> it goes
>
> 1 drift
> 2 turn
> 3 accelerate
>
> is this correct (I dont have the rules it how my compatriot explained
> them to me)

It isn't correct at all if you're talking about the *old* movement
system
for FT. It is a fairly OK description of the optional Vector movement
system from the Fleet Book, though in that one you can turn after you've
accellerated as wel as beforel.

In the old movement system (called "Cinematic" nowadays), the order is

1 Calculate new speed ( = old speed +/- speed change)
2 Turn 1/2 (FRD)
3 Move 1/2 (FRD accodring to the rules, but I usually don't round this
at
all)
4 Turn remaining 1/2 (ie, FRU)
5 Move remaining distance.

So if ýou move at speed 7 and give the order "P3 + 5", your speed this
turn is 7 + 5 = 12 and the movement would be

Turn 1 clock facing left
Move 6 mu
Turn 2 clock facings left
Move 6 mu

> if you were moving 4 and applied -2 thrust would you move 4 or 2 this
> turn

You move at speed 2.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: In defence of Monarchy Next: Re: Inner Colonies