Prev: Having a severe mature moment here! Re: [HIST/BACKGROUND] IAS - Want to Share? and UBW fict Next: Re: Inner Colonies

Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:13:54 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

***

Mein Gott im himmel! Tribes of Crane, deja vu, all over again!

The_Beast
=================

I'm not familiar with that reference, please enlighten me.

***

Apologies. I'll have to go back to the proper Murphy's Rules cartoon for
exact
figures, but Tribes of Crane was a commercial PBM game that had
population
increases requiring something like every female being continously
pregnant with
triplets, and, of course, NO infant mortality.

One was worse, something like dectuplets...

Sorry, but it does feed into some nasty stereotypes of southeastern US
family
sizes.

Still The_Beast, after all these years

PS. This was supposed to go out the 3rd, but I just found it again in my
'draft'
folder. Phil, you get to laugh at me twice for the same thing. *sigh*