Prev: RE: [FT] Home Page and GZG Demo Next: Re: UBW fict

Re: UBW fict

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 07:53:37 -0700
Subject: Re: UBW fict

><< [snip]
> >"There's none that can be done legally, I fear that the only out come
with
>be
> >the defecation of some or all of the colonies?"
>
> I believe you mean "defection". I suggest you change this before you
> post it on the web!
>
>I thought that I got all of them, I guess I missed one.
>
> [snip]
>
> >"Do you think that the NAC will help the colonies before they break
off?"
> >"No, if they do the area will degrade into an armed conflict what
will
>ravage
> >the entire sector, to repair the damage to the resources what would
be
> >destroyed in the fighting would cost more than what it would take to
help
>them
> >out."
>
> Huh? What he say?
>
>do should have been don't
>What he is saying is that the colonies will fight each other.
>

> It looks like a good start on some background material, and I like
> the idea and approach. But you've *got* to get an editor. <g>
> (I'd volunteer, but I'm swamped right now.)
>
> - Sam >>
>Okay, does USING Word 7's grammer checker and spell checker count?
>-Stephen

Not for much. It would certainly help, but it wouldn't turn

	   "Do you think that the NAC will help the colonies before
	they break off?"
	   "No, if they do the area will degrade into an armed conflict
	what will ravage the entire sector, to repair the damage to the
	resources what would be destroyed in the fighting would cost
	more than what it would take to help them out."

into

	   "Don't you think that the NAC will help the colonies before
	they break off?"
	   "No--but if they don't the entire sector will ravaged by
	armed conflict. And to restore the resources destroyed in the
	fighting will cost more than what it would take to help them
out."

(Just an example; I think this is what you're trying to say, but
I'm still not sure.

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.spinwardstars.com/
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: RE: [FT] Home Page and GZG Demo Next: Re: UBW fict