Prev: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos Next: Re: UBW fict

Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 03:30:22 GMT
Subject: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 15:07:45 EST, DracSpy@aol.com wrote:

>On Andy's page there are some rules for DS2 in WW2.

Yeah. I've seen them!

I've done some research on typical WW2 squad sizes and OOB. It's a
pretty
straightforward conversion. The trick is in setting up leadership and
quality
values for the nationalities. Oh, and things like Banzai charge rules
and
special morale rules for the Japanese, Russian penal battalions and
commisars.

Communication in SG2 is based on a pretty high tech communication
capability.
The fact that a command unit can transfer actions to a subordinate unit
seems
to suggest that the command unit has a good, overall sense of what's
happening. This has to be taken into account, as long distance
communication
in WW2 was by radio (not always reliable) and telephone (more
reliable... if
the cables weren't cut). And I don't think the unit should have as high
degree of knowledge as to what's going on unless the command unit is
close to
the action. It should make for an interesting, if different, SG2
experience.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos Next: Re: UBW fict