Prev: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos Next: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos

Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 07:06:40 GMT
Subject: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos

On Sat, 06 Feb 1999 22:30:46 -0800, Ndege Diamond <nezach@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Hello from your frendly neghiborhood lurker,

Howdy!

>When I checked it out it had the infamous "this page under
construction"
>notice up :(

Oops! Thanks for catching that! I missed that page when I moved the
files onto
the server. It's been fixed now, and it's up.

>Nice photos.  What program did you use to do up the map on the Plasma
>Ambush background page?  Where did you find all those Traveller
miniatures?

I did the map using Visio. Visio is a business diagram tool. You can do
things
like flowcharts and org charts, but you can also do forms, electrical
diagrams, office layouts, garden layouts, etc. You can also create your
own
templates and stencils. I created a miniatures map stencil by grabbing
some
bushes and trees and things from a landscaping stencil. I've also
created a
Full Thrust stencil and template for Visio that allows you to create FT
Fleet
Book designs. Hmmmm... I should load that onto the Full Thrust part of
my
page...

As for the Traveller miniatures, I bought a whole bunch of them back in
about
1986. I had intended to use them with Striker, but I never did end up
painting
them. They were tucked away in a drawer until I painted them late last
year. I
also have a bunch of 10mm Battletech infantry that I could use for SG2,
too.
However, I bought a bunch of official NAC and ESU 15mm figures from GZG
last
month. They are on my "to paint" list...

>All and all a nice addition to the Full Thrust Network.

Thank you very much!

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos Next: Re: [URL] New SG2 Web Site with Minis Photos