Prev: [FT] Replacement Boarding Rules v1.0b Next: Re: (FT) Unofficial NSL Order of Battle Jannary 01,2083

[FT] NCSS Chickamauga class Ironclad Gunboat

From: "jim clem" <travmind@h...>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 11:31:53 PST
Subject: [FT] NCSS Chickamauga class Ironclad Gunboat

With the appearance of the NAC and NSL fleet OOBs, I'm working on a more

detailed NCS OOB, fashioned along lines traditional for the Civil War
period navy.  (Tradition is big 'round here)  Anyway, I've decided that
the NCSN would rely heavily on armor, like the NSL, but call them
ironclads (actually, duraniumclad is more accurate, but ironclad sound
better).  So heres the first ship from this new concept, the Chickamauga

class Ironclad Gunboat.  These are intended to fill the defence and
patrol roles, with heavy armor and a nasty punch.

Comments or playtesting welcome

Technical Specifications:
Class Name: Chickamauga
Classification: Ironclad Gunboat
Hull Type [Integrity]: Weak [12]
Crew Officers: 10
	  Ratings:50
Crew Factor: 3
Armaments: 4xClass 1, 2xClass 2 (360), 1xPulse Torp (F)
Defenses: Armor rating 16
Sensor Suite: Standard sensors, 1xFirecon
Drive Systems: MD 4, FTL

Service Details:
First entered service: 2163
Lost in action: 0
Decommissioned/scrapped: 0
Relegated to reserve fleet: 0
Sold to other forces: 0
Under construction: 0
Procurement cost: 1950 MUcr

TMF: 60
NPV: 195

Jim Clem, B.S.E.
Main Site:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891
Traveller:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891/trav.html
Full Thrust:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891/ncs.html
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world
without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world,
because they'd never expect it.
		--culled from the Ground Zero Games List--

Prev: [FT] Replacement Boarding Rules v1.0b Next: Re: (FT) Unofficial NSL Order of Battle Jannary 01,2083