Prev: Re: Arabic Empire in space was: Re: NSL, Not Nazis. Next: Re: Starship combat computer games

Re: [FT] Replacement Boarding Rules v1.0b

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:53:48 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Replacement Boarding Rules v1.0b

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Jared E Noble wrote:

> Boarding Actions for FT:FB

pretty cool. i have one little detail to add. sadly, your message seems
be split into two parts, as if the second part was an attachment, and so
can't quote it directly.

you rule that a captured ship cannot use its ADFC, as it is not
compatible
with the capturing fleet's protocol. i think this is a great idea, but i
would add that other ships in your fleet can't give it ADFC cover, for
the
same reason, and that it can, of course, use it to cover other ships of
the fleet which bulit it, ie the one it belonged to before capture.
there
are three reasons you might want to do this:

- multi-sided battle where your alliances have switched
- bizzarre scenario ("destroy half the enemy fleet; if the enemy cruiser
is destroyed, the princess is killed and you lose!") plus badly-targeted
SM
- you capture more than one enemy ship, and need one to defend the other
("get me that battlecruiser! and get me an aegis cruiser to go with
it!",
"yessir! and do you want fries with that?").

Tom

Prev: Re: Arabic Empire in space was: Re: NSL, Not Nazis. Next: Re: Starship combat computer games