Prev: RE: GZGPedia mailing list Next: RE: Cheese Fleet (P-torps)

Re: [DSII] Asgard Incorporated

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 09:18:06 PST
Subject: Re: [DSII] Asgard Incorporated

>In a message dated 2/3/99 4:49:22 AM, you wrote:
>
><<I could use the variety, would get some
>nicely diverse units, and can try out some of the more bizarre and
>intricate cammo schemes that I've been seeing>>
>
>What are some of those bizarre and intricate cammo schemes you've been
seeing?
>I'm looking for some myself!
>Jed Docherty

Well, I mentioned the dirty white with tree silhouettes--WWII Russian, I

think.	I can't do this on my CMD modelt, though; I have to find some
relatively...tall tanks in order to get the right effect.

Other ideas, in no particular order, include:

REAL Urban Cammo--dirty Grey, white, and brick red...covered with
graffiti.

Black basecoat, metallic drybrushing, with regular white, gray, and
black shapes angling across it.

Mech Cammo--forest pattern to waist height, sky blue and white pattern
from waist up.

I have some Grav (from Adler) tanks that I have always pictured in an
orange and black tiger stripe pattern.

Gray basecoat, white geometric shapes (triangles, squares, circles),
with "shadows" beneath them.

A red and gray pattern used in the Ogre Miniatures book.

Standard cammo patterns in weird, "alien" colors (I have the old, "three

Rhinos for $12" box from GW, and it has some nice ideas).

Circuitry pattern--green with gold lines and boxes.

Arctic Cammo--white base, with dark blue tiger strips that have been
filled with blue-gray.

I have some other, more vague, ideas, but these are the ones that I want

to play with first.  The only one that I have tried so far is the Arctic

one--and it looks darn good.  We'll see how the others turn out.

John Crimmins
john1x@hotmail.com