Prev: RE: hello Next: Re: GZGPedia mailing list

Re: hello

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:29:39 -0600
Subject: Re: hello

Others far more enlightened than myself will analyze your statements.
However:

***when using the original rules for movement It goes
drift/turn/acceleration
correct?
***

Do you mean, move the ship, turn it, move again, add acceleration to
speed?

Then, no, the acceleration plotted is applied to the whole new movement.
I'm
assuming you are using JUST the Fleet Book, so I'm sure there are a few
other
issues you may have missed, but this alone would make your opponents far
more
predictable in movement, and easier to tag with salvo missles and
fighters. What
are they using for initial speed?

Also, your opposition may be as poor at rolling PDS against, and you at
rolling
on target for, as I and my FSE partner are, respectively, concerning
SM's.

Gawd, doncha love a tortured sentence structure? ;->= Least, I use a
fair amount
of punctuation!

The reason the Red Scorpions have an escort cruiser in a unit so small
is that
no other fleet commander would take such an unlucky ship. Getting an SDN
blown
up! REALLY!

I have no doubt that others will have comments on just how you probably
constructed your ships, (a few example ship designs would have helped)
but I'm
assuming that even a few mid-sized escorts would do well at sweeping
away what
must be snowflake craft.

The_Beast

Prev: RE: hello Next: Re: GZGPedia mailing list