Prev: Re: OT: Anyone want a good laugh? Next: OT: JMS's response (was: RE: OT: Anyone want a good laugh?)

Re: Arabic Empire in space was: Re: NSL, Not Nazis.

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 07:38:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Arabic Empire in space was: Re: NSL, Not Nazis.

Thomas Anderson wrote:

> however, one thing that did occur to me was this. the book describes
the
> interaction of screen and laser: if a laser beam cuts a screen, there
is a
> good chance both laser generator and screen generator will be
destroyed.
> the trick is to use disposable lasers.

Actually, you always have an explosion of some power at both ends.
Sometimes just the laser and screen generators are wrecked, sometimes
the reaction is mistaken for usage of the House Atomics.  That would
make _me_ real hesitant to be the bloke pulling the trigger, no?

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: OT: Anyone want a good laugh? Next: OT: JMS's response (was: RE: OT: Anyone want a good laugh?)