Prev: Re: Starmap Page for Encyclopedia Next: Re: Cheese Fleet

Re: [DSII] Asgard Incorporated

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 22:05:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] Asgard Incorporated

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 JDoch226@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/3/99 4:49:22 AM, you wrote:
>
> <<I could use the variety, would get some
> nicely diverse units, and can try out some of the more bizarre and
> intricate cammo schemes that I've been seeing>>
>
> What are some of those bizarre and intricate cammo schemes you've been
seeing?
> I'm looking for some myself!

Try and find books on the late-WW2 German army, especially the SS units.
They used some very interesting camo schemes - lots of splinter camo,
ambush schemes, etc. A lot of my miniatures have camo schemes based on
these ones, just because they're very cool. Crappy politics & ethics (to
say the least) but some interesting camo schemes.

The Osprey books are very good; I also saw a big coffee-table sized book
on camoflauge once - didn't pick it up, and I've never seen it again.
Big
full-color plates of all sorts of camo, past & present.

Somewhere on the DreamPod9 site, there's a list & clips of all sorts of
camo jobs used on their gaming universe. GW (loath as I am to mention
them) also have some decent camo ideas in various books - I think the
Imperial Guard Codex...

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
--DS2/SG2/misc--

Prev: Re: Starmap Page for Encyclopedia Next: Re: Cheese Fleet