Prev: Re: OT: Anyone want a good laugh? Next: Re: OT: Anyone want a good laugh?

Re: Cheese Fleet

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 18:07:05 -0800
Subject: Re: Cheese Fleet

Graeme Bradbury wrote:

> Has anyone come across the all p-torp fleet.
> I play against an opponent that came up with a fleet that was
completely
> torpedo based. His ships had pds and armour as defense and the rest of
mass was
> drives and torps. He tends not to play that fleet unless we ask to
play it, so
> its not so much the fact he wont play another fleet as that we cant
seem to
> come up with a fleet that is capable of being anthing more than a
target board.
> Even at the extreme range of the torps, his sheer numbers means that
> destroyer's last 1,2 turns tops. And a fleet that out ranges him with
class 4/5
> beams tends to be too specialized to stand up to any other style
fleet.

> Just thought i'd ask you space guru's for a tad o' advice on the
matter.

> Well i'm off to revel in my victory over the 400 mass dreadnaught o'
death I
> just played against.
>
> Cheers
> Graeme

     Or as the Doctor once said: If it hurts when you do that,
stop doing it.

     It sounds like he has found one on the non-existant (so I am
told) problems with the FB.   Since he only brings it out on request,
I would think that your only problem is finding a solution to the
problem!
Questions:
1) How many points are normally played.
2) Do you have 'house rules' in effect.   If so, What are they?
3) How big are the ships, what thrust, what shields, give out
   with some information please.
Personal comment:
     I would enjoy the challenge if I were you,  I have only once
not been able to find a solution to such a problem.
Suggestion:
     Try a carrier attack in conjuction w/SMLs overload the PDAF and
bring in number of large(ish) ships mounting many 360 type 2 and 1
beams.	 In this attack, timing is everything!

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: OT: Anyone want a good laugh? Next: Re: OT: Anyone want a good laugh?