Prev: RE: (FT) Page Updated - New Custom Minis Next: Re: [FT][URL] KV FB Designs

Re: [SG] Wandering mines (was: NAC SAS rescues hostage. . .)

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:23:55 EST
Subject: Re: [SG] Wandering mines (was: NAC SAS rescues hostage. . .)

<< There was also a plastic cow looking on.

 Has anyone ever strapped a Command Detonated Mine onto a randomly
 (or partially randomly) moving object (ie, animal)? [I would
 never use my rabbits for this, though]. Even a vehicle. Car bomb,
 anyone?
XXXX
The US army was working on an idea of bouncing mines, ones that would
bound
about from place to place on the battle field, once it got near a
matalic
object it would exsplode.
XXXX
 Didn't the US Navy use dolphins for a similar purpose in the 50s,
 or is that just anti-US apocrypha?
XXXX
They used Dolphins for placing mines on ships and as recon units.
 XXXX
 Aside from the obvious ethical issues, wouldn't this be a handy
 way to send someone a nice surprise? I can see human beings doing
 this to non-indigenous life forms with nary a quibble.

 What about KV prisoner exchanges with subcutaneous CDMs? Or even
 nukes?

 Paul >>
I don't think that HQ would like that, if any more people got taken
prisoner
you would never get them back.
-Stephen

Prev: RE: (FT) Page Updated - New Custom Minis Next: Re: [FT][URL] KV FB Designs