Prev: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military Next: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

Re: [SG] Wandering mines (was: NAC SAS rescues hostage. . .)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 00:28:32 +1000
Subject: Re: [SG] Wandering mines (was: NAC SAS rescues hostage. . .)

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> > > Has anyone ever strapped a Command Detonated Mine onto a >
>randomly
> > > (or partially randomly) moving object (ie, animal)? [I would
> > > never use my rabbits for this, though]. Even a vehicle. Car bomb,
> > > anyone?
Incendiary Bats.

Were to be used by the USAAF in WW2. Basically, the Bats froze at high
altitude, so when dropped just .... dropped. End of Project. The idea
was they would roost in eaves, etc. Small incendiary device attached.

 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military Next: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military