Prev: [Semi-OT] Plug for Dork Tower...! Next: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

Re: [SG] Wandering mines (was: NAC SAS rescues hostage. . .)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 00:42:37 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG] Wandering mines (was: NAC SAS rescues hostage. . .)

John Atkinson wrote:

> Russia, in WWII.  Dogs, anti-tank mines, and improper training
> methods--the dogs hid under tanks and blew up, alright.  They just
went
> for Russian tanks (just like the ones in training) instead of German
> ones.  Program cancelled.

Sweden, during and after WWII. Same basic idea, but IIRC our dogs were
trained on Soviet tanks <g> My great-uncle used to have one of those
mine
dogs, but both he and it died long before I was born.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: [Semi-OT] Plug for Dork Tower...! Next: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military