Prev: RE: GW-Tyranids Next: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military

Re: [FT] OFFICAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions)

From: "It'll be cool, it'll be fun...it's gonna *suck*" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:16:26 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] OFFICAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions)

>> > Only to a point - consider this:  MT Missiles *still* require a
6-only
>> > hit with PDS / Class 1 / Screening Fighters.
>>
>> Wrong. An MT missile is, by definition, a "missile", and PDS kills
one
>> "missile" on a roll of 4 or 5, two on a roll of 6. Since the rule
doesn't
>> speak of "missile salvoes" (in contrast to eg. the "Interception of
>> missiles by fighters" which does), both types are included.
>
>Wrong right back at you.  Read the section on PDS - page 7 of the FB
rules -
>*carefully*.  The example specifically states "if two PDS are allocated
>against a single missile >SALVO<" [emphasis is mine].

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I *thought* this question came
up shortly after the FleetBook came out, and Jon (T) responded that MT
missiles reacted to (or rather, were acted upon by) PDS in the same
manner
as Salvo Missiles (ie, an MT missile was taken out on a roll of 4-6 -
but
each MT missile was considered *one* salvo [emphasis mine ;) ]).

If I have time (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! "if I have time" - I kill me!
:)
I'll try wading through the archives to find this, or my own backlogged
emails to see if I saved it.

Mk
-
I'm not giving in to security under pressure,
I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure,
I'm not giving up on implausible dreams -
Experience to extremes...experience to extremes....
					   Rush - "The Enemy Within"

Prev: RE: GW-Tyranids Next: Re: [FT and (!!) SG & DS] Population and military