Prev: Re: Fleet composition- another example from the past Next: Re: Couple of questions

Re: [FT] GZG Model Scale

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 13:21:39 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] GZG Model Scale

Atcliffe, Phillip wrote:

> > Star Trek Technical Manual (Franz Joseph designs) states 275,000
> metric tonnes deadweight. Which may or may not be empty, combat weight
> or fully loaded. Mass 2750 in any event. Youch! <
>
> That seems high. The original Enterprise (Kirk's TV version) was
always
> said (by such people as Bob Justman, who ought to know <g>) to mass
> 190,000 mt, and I'm pretty sure that that figure was used in the FJ ST
> Tech Manual (in my copy, anyway). The DN was something like 275,000
mt,
> and the DD was 95,000; the SC, built on the same hull but with less
> weaponry, was 94,500 mt.

Well, according to that Unimpeachable source,
http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/FT/st-ft.htm

The mass of the NCC-1701 Enterprise is ..... 190,000 tonnes. OOPS. Yes,
you're right, mea culpa. 285 KT for the DN, 126.5 for the tug, 95 for
the Destroyer, 94.5 for the scout.

 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: Fleet composition- another example from the past Next: Re: Couple of questions