Prev: RE: Planetery Defense Batteries Next: Re: Can't we have just this much -><- 3D in FT?

Re: Life around an M-class star

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 20:00:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Life around an M-class star

>"Izenberg, Noam" wrote:
>>
>> With the large number of colony worlds residing around M-class stars
>> (courtesy Nyrath the Amazing), I wanted to do some thinking about
what
>> life would be like unter a bloated, blood-red sun. We did not evolve
>> under that spectrum, and my guess is our psyches and bodies are not
>> terribly well attuned to living in a well lit darkroom.

(snip Nyrath's explanation that it's really about the same color as a
lightbulb's light).

If you want a brooding red glow, you'll need to live around a brown
dwarf.
As is happens, Vishniy Alarish orbits a brown dwarf, which in turn
orbits a
M star, so we get both.

Prev: RE: Planetery Defense Batteries Next: Re: Can't we have just this much -><- 3D in FT?