Prev: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion. Next: Re: Encyclopedia Test Pages

Re: Planetery Defense Batteries

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:11:37 -0600
Subject: Re: Planetery Defense Batteries

Well, layout of the ships are in two dimensions, so I'd say the planet's
defenses should be likewise. I think of the batteries on the edge of the
planet,
and maybe only 60 degrees. I've never liked the 'rolling over' ship
option to
bring new batteries to bear, but rolling a planet is difficult to
imagine. On
the other hand, the battery should only take damage from it's arc of
fire.
Getting over 180 degrees seems like it should be in NEO.

Also, I don't recall, but I'd say construction of any thing, including
large
planet defense batteries, should be cheaper on a planet rather than in
orbit.
Free fall makes many things easier, but getting the goodies to put
together is
always a problem. YMMV.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion. Next: Re: Encyclopedia Test Pages