Prev: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course) Next: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

Re: ARRRGHHHH!!! ( Was Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.)

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:19:15 -0600
Subject: Re: ARRRGHHHH!!! ( Was Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.)

John C, also the man, sez:
***
I do, by the way, like your Ramming rules.  Using the Hull strength
makes sense.  I'd still want to add some kind of Ram, to increase damage
a bit more (Too many years of Car Wars.  Gotta love those Ram Plates,
don't you?), but that might be just guilding the lily.
***

That was the idea I was trying to get across. Concerning the 'renewable'
quality I spoke of earlier, I just meant that the psuedo-armor value was
threshold that remained each turn the ship was doing ramming as long as
the
ram itself was intact, but any excess damage under the original ramming
rules became internal damage.

A small ship's ram would allow ramming other small ships with impunity,
but
make ramming a large ship something to stop and consider.

However, I've lost track of Mark's current ramming rules, so I'll hush
until I find it again.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course) Next: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)