Prev: Re: [FT] GZG Model Scale Next: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

Re: ARRRGHHHH!!! ( Was Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.)

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:16:13 PST
Subject: Re: ARRRGHHHH!!! ( Was Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.)

>	THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! (Well, nuttier than I already am.)
>
>	I've been trying to piece together the design rules of Gothic
Thrust.
>So far, I can't get the blasted thing to fight correctly.  I'm tempted
>to drop construction rules altogether and just pull an EFSB.  The only
>promblem with that is:
>
>	1.  How do I determine DP, and points cost?
>	2.  I can't use my ramming rules idea without hull strengths.
I'll
>have to	dream up somthing different.
>
>	I've put all the current rules up on the rules page:
>
>	http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/FT/gothrules.htm
>
>	Comments, suggestion, flames, headache remedies? :-(
>--
>Later,
>Mark A. Siefert

I'm not really certain why, but I like the Idea of BFG.  It's a
difficult thing to explain, but it just...appeals to me.  Plus, I
REALLLY like the ships.  It's not going to replace FT, as far as I'm
concerned, but I certainly intend to buy  it (from one of them discount
places) when it's released.  Even if I just get it for the ships.

What exactly is giving you so much trouble when getting them to "fight
correctly"?  Is it movement or combat?	Or is it simply impossible to
re-create the BFG ships using FT rules?  Have you tried
reverse-engineering them?  You should be able to get an approximate
point cost, at least, that way.

I'll have to sit down and give the White Dwarf rules a more thorough
reading tonight.  I had intended to playtest them, but my gaming group
has been in more than the usual state of chaos recently.

(On a not-entirely-unrelated note, if there is anyone in the
Philadelphia area on this list, stop by Jenkintown Hobby Center tomorrow

(1/30/99), for their last day of business.  I haven't been there in a
few weeks, but I am told that there is still a lot of lead/pewter left.)

John Crimmins
John1x@hotmail.com

Prev: Re: [FT] GZG Model Scale Next: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)