Prev: Re: [FT] GZG Model Scale Next: Re: NI stealth project

Re: CCS ship designs...?

From: Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@u...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:59:06 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: CCS ship designs...?

Oerjan,

A very bad oversite, or bad typing.. don't know which one, but here are
the corrected values: As for the lack of Fighter, I am still trying to
figure out a mini for it.. Don't like any of the one I have came up with
so far - I have been toying with the idea of using a Narn G'Quann
(sp!) body with a GZG styled landing bay, and engines. Any ideas?

Broadsword  BC-96 BattleCruiser

Mass = 84
Cost = 280
Thrust = 5
FTL = Normal
Hull = Average, Military
CrewFactors = 5
DP = 25
----  Damage Row Breakdown  ----
OOOO*OO
OO*OOO
O*OOOO
*OOOO*
--------------------------------
Shields = 1

Weapons and Such
#	Name
2	Class 1 Battery, 6 arcs
2	Class 3 Battery, 3 arcs
1	Pulse Torpedo, 1 arc
2	Fire Control
2	PDS
4	Armor Box

Rapier	CL-96 Light Cruiser

Mass = 48
Cost = 158
Thrust = 5
FTL = Normal
Hull = Average, Military
CrewFactors = 3
DP = 14
----  Damage Row Breakdown  ----
OOOO
*OOO
O*O
OO*
--------------------------------
Shields = 0

Weapons and Such
#	Name
2	Class 1 Battery, 6 arcs
1	Class 2 Battery, 3 arcs
1	Pulse Torpedo, 1 arc
2	Fire Control
2	PDS
5	Armor Box

Mace  DD-108 Destroyer

Mass = 32
Cost = 109
Thrust = 5
FTL = Normal
Hull = Average, Military
CrewFactors = 2
DP = 10
----  Damage Row Breakdown  ----
OOO
O*O
OO
O*
--------------------------------
Shields = 0

Weapons and Such
#	Name
2	Class 1 Battery, 6 arcs
1	Class 2 Battery, 3 arcs
1	Pulse Torpedo, 1 arc
2	Fire Control
1	PDS

You can find them at:http://www.public.usit.net/arrowjr/index2.html

Steven

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> During my hunt for more ship designs for my database, I ran across the
> Confederation of Celtic States - couldn't see who had written it,
though
> (but I didn't have time to look around very much :-( ).. Several
> interesting ships, a little lacking in fighters and point defence
> perhaps, but...
>
> ...several designs - the Broadsword BC, Rapier CL and Mace DD -
combine
> one or more pulse torps with beam armaments. Problem is, these three
> designs only carry one FC each, and the requirement for pulse torps
and
> beams to be controlled by different FCs even if they shoot at the same
> target was not lifted in the FB. This means that these ships have to
> choose between firing their pulse torps and firing their beams, which
> seems a bit strange (esp. for the Broadsword with two Class-3
batteries).

> Is this an intentional design quirk, or an oversight?
>
> Later,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
> "Life is like a sewer.
>   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> - Hen3ry

			       Steven Arrowsmith
			  www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
			     steven@arrowsmith.net
			      dredd@quake.usit.net
_______

		    I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
			 Than know The Truth That I Can't
_______

Prev: Re: [FT] GZG Model Scale Next: Re: NI stealth project