Prev: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course) Next: Re: Modular Freighters (was Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters)

Re: NI stealth project

From: "Stop the car?? This is a car chase! I went through considerable trouble to set this up." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:01:24 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: NI stealth project

Well, I've been reading all the msgs on this here Stealth Tech thread
(and amazed how much traffic it's generated!), and thought while I have
half a minute, I'd throw in my $0.02  :)

My take on the stealth system is that it fools the firing ship into
thinking that the target ship is further away than it really is. Hence
the reductions in the rangebands for all weapons. Whether it does this
by active jamming, or by hull design, or a combination of both, I don't
know. I would *guess* active jamming, in which case ECCM suites should
be able to counter the effects. But that's not something Noam and I have
discussed (I don't know if Noam has even given this any thought,
really).
*shrug*  Guess that means we gotta play more games!  :-}

M 'worthless 2 cents worth' k
-
"Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova. Commander. Daughter of Andre and Sophie
Ivanov. I am the Right Hand of Vengeance...and the boot that is going
to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am Death
incarnate. And the last living thing you are _ever_...going to see.

"God sent me."
				      - Ivanova, "Between the Darkness
						      and the Light"