Prev: Re: More thoughts on Encyclopedia Next: RE: Encyclopedia GZG

Re: Modular Freighters (was Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters)

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:58:33 +0000
Subject: Re: Modular Freighters (was Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters)

At 23:08 26/01/99 +0000, you wrote:
>On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Jared E Noble wrote:
>> >In a message dated 99-01-24 14:04:46 EST, you write:
SNIP
>i envisage long, thin ships, like 2001's 'discovery', with cargo pods
>wrapped around them. this is a bit like one of the freighters in the
'tie
>fighter' computer game (the one with three trapezoidal pods around a
>rodlike core), and also like a freighter that's drawn somewhere in the
>back of FT. it's also a little like the ships in "silent running"
(bonus
>points if you've seen that one - extra bonus if you spotted the ship
being
>attacked in an episode of battlestar galactica ...).

SNIP
>Tom

Yes, I recall the Valley Forge turning up in Battlestar Ponderosa.
Sublime
to ridiculous?

Another Galactica connection- last Sunday's (UK) ep of Voyager (which,
of
course I only watch to perv over 7of 9 (Ahhh..., not since the heady
days of
Col. Wilma Deering and her spray-on silver trousers (and Ardala for that
matter (does this qualify me as a GZG-list Pervert? (As if I had to
ask..))))) the "Bomar" ships were Cylon raiders.

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: Re: More thoughts on Encyclopedia Next: RE: Encyclopedia GZG