Prev: Re: Modular Freighters (was Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters) Next: Re: More thoughts on Encyclopedia

Re: GW to GZG Evangelism, was Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:06:16 +0000
Subject: Re: GW to GZG Evangelism, was Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report

At 21:56 26/01/99 +0000, you wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Beth Fulton wrote:
>
>> that blasted pom tom anderson wrote:
SNIP
>> (b) our entire fleets cost less than one unit
>
>winning point. as students, money is perenially tight. admittedly, gzg
>has the edge in local stores and player base (although if rob paul ever
>answers my hails this may improve - rob! your game needs you!), and BFG
is
>rumoured to be faster than FT, so some of the edge goes away there, but
>i'm sure the sheer quality (i might throw in LiteVec Classic easy
vector
>movement just to blind him with science ...) of ft will win in the end.
>and if not, it's pulse torpedo time. scorched undergraduate policy.
SNIP
>oh, i have no trouble losing at ft! the best thing would be a three-way
>battle, with me and another experienced player and the target,
all-vs-all.
>chances are the two vets would go for each other, leaving the gwite to
>attack with some degree of impunity. or he could take a smaller force
and
>swap sides a lot - the full thrust version of the lib dems.
>
>Tom

	Blintering in the unaccustomed sunlight, the newly-awakened
ankylosaur snorts and rises to his feet, his walnut-sized brain responds
the dimly understood speech of the upright walkers...

	That's enough "Raptor Red" pastiche.  Sorry to have been so slow
Tom, I'm just a week back from Scotland (into the teeth of
video-dying-with-3-Bab5s-to-go horror!).  My NSL squadron is sitting
atop
the telly in a based but undercoaty sort of way, so I'd say they were
ready
for a battle (1478pts, with 3 MM Sulacos also available as "Bayerns"
etc.
Your ideas on smiting the ungodly- Ahem, converting the un-GZGly (gwite
makes an excellent monosyllable) sounds like a plan.

	BTW, should pulse-torps fail to scorch any recalcitrant gwite, I
have a rubber mallet that may do the trick.

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: Re: Modular Freighters (was Re: FB - Thrust Ratings for Freighters) Next: Re: More thoughts on Encyclopedia