Prev: Re: NI stealth project Next: Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report

Re: [DSII] DFO Pods

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:35:06 +0000
Subject: Re: [DSII] DFO Pods

>Andrew & Alex wrote:
>
>>     Page 14, left column, Air Vehicle Design, provision (iv), "For
DFO...
>> one AMMUNITION MARKER takes up 4 capacity points."
>>     Hope that helps!
>
>Bingo!  Thanks.
>
>This is a bit of an annoyance.  Why?  'Coz do you have any idea what
>size category that makes, for instance, an A-6?  Or an A-10 loaded with
>bombs vice Mavericks?	Wow.
>
>Problem I have is that for the same capacity as a rotary launcher with
>dozen GMS/Hs (what I assume is simulated by a GMS/H on an aircraft,
>since it's got enough ammo to last the game), you get. . .One Bomb.  Or
>maybe a pair of bombs.  Awful big bomb?  No, just the same payload as
>three artillery rounds (I assume fire mission is a battery three, dunno
>why).
>
>John M. Atkinson

In DSII, an artillery fire mission is probably quite a lot of rounds,
not
just one per tube. Similarly, a DFO counter on an aircraft is an
abstract
of "the ability to drop things on someone", not necessarily just a
single
piece of ordnance - could be a pair of very big bombs, or several
clusters
of smaller ones, or whatever fits the case in question.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: NI stealth project Next: Re: Battlefleet Gothic Report