Prev: Re: correction for Encyclopedia project title. Next: Re: [BFG] Battlefleet Gothic flyer pictures

Re: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:16:27 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT-AAR] comment NAC/NI AAR

MWS wrote:

> >  If you let the "heavy" modification apply to the re-rolls, I'd up
the
> > cost to at least +36 pts per heavy squadron. That's a lot, but it is
>
> We had some discussion over Heavy fighters a few weeks ago >
concerning
"Class 1

I know. I voted on it, too.

> PDS".  The consensus was to apply the game effects literally, ie:
>
>   "rolls of "4" have no effect when under PDAF/ADAF or Fighter weapons
> fire."
>
> Applying this also affects any rerolls, since that still classifies as
PDS
> fire.

The re-roll rule wasn't discussed, however. It is the "treat them as if
they had level-1 screens" problem again - screens do not normally modify
re-rolls. And it does have a certain effect on how the heavy fighters
should be priced, though not as much as I panicked yesterday :-7

More on this in another post, though.

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: correction for Encyclopedia project title. Next: Re: [BFG] Battlefleet Gothic flyer pictures