Prev: Showdown Next: Re: Battlefleet ... but also some OT and a bit Showdown

Re: NI/NAC AAR & Stealth

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:28:26 -0500
Subject: Re: NI/NAC AAR & Stealth

At 07:51 PM 1/25/99 +0100, The man with a penchant for rewriting
attribution lines, especially for Indy, wrote:
>Tim Jones wrote:
>> >As for lopsided firing arcs, this is certainly a plausible
>> >design if you take the FB roll-ship maneuver into account. If you
know
>> >a force is trying to blind side you, you can flip and blastem.
>>
>> Doesn't work if you get doubled though.
>
>If you misjudge where the enemy is going to end up, you're out of luck
>anyway. The off-set arc designs are more vulnerable to that than
>weapons-all-around a la the NSL, but OTOH the off-set arcs ships hit a
>lot harder when they can fire :-/ If you use Noam's tactics of
long-range
>circling, there's no real way for the enemy to blind-side you.

Of course, that's also taking blatent advantage of a fixed board size...
if
someone's going to start running circles around the edge board, I'm
going
to start insisting that we move the board if someone pushes the edge!
(Which I would then start to do....)  Whether it'll work or not is
somewhat
debatable, but leaving part of your force in the middle of the table and
sending another to the edge may help the situation.  Or may allow defeat
in
two small lumps. ^_^;  I dunno....

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kujecko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: Showdown Next: Re: Battlefleet ... but also some OT and a bit Showdown