Prev: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update Next: Re: GZGs New Advert

GZG Encyclopedia - Brainstorming

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:37:00 -0500
Subject: GZG Encyclopedia - Brainstorming

Hi everybody,

Some ideas concerning the GZG Encyclopedia, just to get them out in the
open.

-
CONTENT:  It should not substantially duplicate the technical
information
in any GZG product.  While it will borrow heavily from the timelines, it
shouldn't directly copy them.  And it shouldn't do anything that will
detract from sales of the products.

For example, an entry of the BB Victoria should read something like:

"With its heavy pulse torpedo armament, the Victoria forms an important
linchpin in NAC Task  Force tactics..."

as opposed to actually giving SSD information.

Homegrown ideas should be included as well, all with the same provisios
that apply to the list (ideas free to be used by GZG, etc. etc. etc.)
There
should be some editing, and some proofing to make sure that things are
relatively consistent (but absolutely consistency isn't that important,
IMHO.)

FORMAT:  Divided into two 'volumes.'

VOLUME 1:  The Universe Today (c. 2190)
This volume will contain all the 'background' info; i.e. nations, armed
forces,
mercenary groups, history.  This will rely heavily on the background
information
already published.  It will create a history, but still be somewhat
generic
i.e. I don't think starmaps should be included.

VOLUME 2:  Ships and Technology
This volume will contain various ship designs, and neato technology
gadgets
that various groups have come up with.	Links to websites with game
details
will provide the mechanics, or notes such as: (See Fleet Book p.xx)

CO-ORDINATION:	A group of editors, whose job is to put everything
together
and make sure everything is consistent, the poor guy who has to put this
all
on the web (8-), and articles, submitted by everybody.	This should be a

group project, with everybody participating; it's the only way that a
meaningful
collection of information could occur.

-------
Okay, that's all my ideas.  Hack them to bits.	(8-)

Thanks,
J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: Re: [IFWG] Timeline update Next: Re: GZGs New Advert